Here is a quick step by step guide on how to create your own eCovers (fake book covers) for free.
- Simply head on over to My eCover Maker and click on create ecover.
- When you do this for free you will be shown various book cover templates that you can use. Just note that free users have limited choices, but the point here is to just test out the system so you can see the potential.
- Then you will select one of the free templates such as paperback or stacked paperback.
- You are then taken to a page where you can choose for various back cover designs. You can use any one of the default choices, upload your own or even use a custom color.
- Make your selection and then and your choice will load into your browser. You have the option to select a certain portion of the background, so play with this until you have the area that you want to use.
- Click the Select and Continue Tab.
- It is now time to add text and any other images to your cover. This is where the process becomes fun. Simply try out several of the font styles and colors and add your title, subtitle, website and author name as desired.
- When selecting your text you can choose the size, color and you can choose from a selection of font styles. After your text appears on the page you can move it around and change the size until you are happy with it.
- Do the same with any images that you want on your cover. The site offers some free images that you can use or you can upload your own.
- Once you are satisfied with your cover you hit the Finalize Tab at the top of the page. The software will now render your ecover.
- You can download your new ecover in a 2D or a 3D version. I normally download both as they can easily be used in different places across the web.
So there you have the basics of how to create your own ecover using a simple to use software. The paid version has many benefits including over 90 book cover templates that you can choose from.
Still in doubt? Check out this in-depth MyeCoverMaker.com review!